Sunday, October 2, 2011

The No Poo Challenge - A Wrap Up

So who tried the No Poo Challenge? Was it hard? Did you find your hair looked better than ever? Was it too greasy? Did you push past it?

I was washing my hair yesterday (with baking soda) and thinking about how it didn't feel heavy anymore. When I used to shower, after shampooing, it would feel heavy and coated. And when I started the No Poo challenge, it felt worse. As though it was covered in rubber.

And now that's gone away. I don't remember how long it has been. Since July, I guess. My hair feels soft, not dry, not heavy, just real. Sometimes it gets greasy. I've tried to use less baking soda because I've been getting dandruff, and if I don't use enough, my hair gets a little greasy. But you know what? It gets greasy with regular shampoo, too.

If you really want to try detoxing your shower but aren't ready for the No Poo boot camp, try going Sorta Poo with coconut milk and castile soap.

If you already tried our challenge, leave a comment below. Everyone who leaves a comment on this post between now and next Friday at 11:59 PM EST will be entered to win your very own No Poo bottles and an essential oil to make your hair smell like you don't wash it with vinegar. Leave your email address with your comment so we can contact the winner. To avoid spam, write your email address like this: Thenopoochallenge {at} nopoo {dot} com. If you don't leave your email address, you won't be entered because we won't be able to contact you.

Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment